Vacation Questions

Everyone can talk here.
Sineath

Vacation Questions

Post by Sineath » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Anyone know a state that has high hill/mountainous terrain right smack next to the ocean on the east coast that is south of Virginia? I'd like to stay in a hotel for a night with mountains and beach together for the view. I'd like to hear the surf. Willing to pay a goodly amount for a nice hotel there.

I'm going on vacation from July 10 to July 25. I was thinking of spending the first night camping and tubing in north Florida. Then, will probably travel through Georgia but will stop a bit in Atlanta to take a look at the Korean community. I don't know where to stay but plan on spending two days in Washington DC, looking at the Smithsonian and the monuments. Then, over to Virginia Beach for three days with relatives to enjoy a day deep sea fishing, a day doing some kid attraction, and a day of beach/relaxation.

That's 7 to 8 days, then back home to Florida so...8 to 9 days. Anyone have suggestions that'd take a day or two for a family? And, no, I don't want to do Disney or some amusement park. :P

Grimmnar

Re: Vacation Questions

Post by Grimmnar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Nothing that comes to mind :(

I'd think you'd have to go a bit north for that sort of thing or the West Coast :( .
WoW
Agrimnar, Grymmn, Grimmnar - Drenden, Alliance
TSW,WAR,AoC,LOTRO,GW2,CoH, & DAOC Many games, many Grimmnar's :)

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Anyone have suggestions that'd take a day or two for a family? And, no, I don't want to do Disney or some amusement park.
Friend of mine took his family to Colonial Williamsburg, it's in the area you'll be visiting, and they had a good time.

http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/
Apparently I cannot find a game to stick with right now.

Xtahl@work

Post by Xtahl@work » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Shaftoe wrote:
Anyone have suggestions that'd take a day or two for a family? And, no, I don't want to do Disney or some amusement park.
Friend of mine took his family to Colonial Williamsburg, it's in the area you'll be visiting, and they had a good time.

http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/

We went there a few weeks ago and had fun. There's a hotel there called great wolf lodge that has an indoor water park in the hotel. Expensive, and they nickel and dime you to death, but my kids had a blast.

If you get a chance to hit the outer banks in the carolina's that's a great area too. Thats' where a lot of the guys from here go on vacation. I was there last fall... great fishing, private cabins on some of the islands, beaches etc. Plus the kids can see the lighthouses. The one I was at didn't let us tour it, but some of the others might. You could also camp on the beach there.. we did that a few nights.
Order:
Hemorhoid - 40 Ironbreaker RR68
Lesterr - 40 Rune Priest RR60
Fieldgoal - 40 Engineer
Whackamole - 35 Slayer

Destro:
Xtahl (Doctorfeelgood) - 40 Marauder
Crookedwood - 40 Squig Herder
Widgett - 40 Shaman
Meatyball - 40 Black Orc

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 pm

We're definately going to go to Colonial Williamsburg. Great idea! Close enough to Virginia Beach that we can stay at relatives for that.

1 day travel to Fredicksburg from Florida
2 days Smithsonian
1 day Tour of DC
2 days Colonial Williamsburg
1 day Deep Sea Fishing
1 day Virginia Beach
1 day travel from Virginia Beach to Florida

Need a hotel for 3 nights near DC and figured Fredericksburg area would be good to sleep in and travel to DC, to and from. Anyone have a better idea for a hotel near DC? Will NOT spend more than 80 bucks a night, would rather sleep in a tent than pay more than $80/night.

I'll have to research 'outter banks of north carolina'. Might be a good area to visit for a day or two.