What is the worst MMO ever ?

Everyone can talk here.
AfaramasGeordie

What is the worst MMO ever ?

Post by AfaramasGeordie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Spent a little time this lunch hour researching this topic, found two compelling candidates.

Ogre Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezFWSgp2hn0

Check out the state of the art graphics. But I guess it was released in 1999, so maybe we can forgive that, but the game is still active.

Daimonin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmLjdNF2inQ

Slight upgrade on the graphics department, you're probably thinking this was released around the same time as Ogre Island but no, release date for this puppy was 2005 !

Listen to the guy's commentary "You can pretty much buy a bunch of different things, if you have the right money " WTF

So what's the worst MMORPG guys, one of these two, or is the a worse one ?
Newcastle United - Miami Dolphins - Florida Gators

Tidbidtwidd

Re: What is the worst MMO ever ?

Post by Tidbidtwidd » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:01 pm

hmm.. failcoms age of conan

best free to play addictive one! dragonica!

best of all you can hook up dragonica to a controller! well i use xpadder
crafting complete! for now =D

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:33 pm

I'll go with Anarchy Online

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Mr.Muggles wrote:I'll go with Anarchy Online
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:38 pm

I liked probably every game I've played(other than F2P games) but I think Shadowbane was probably the biggest flop, to me. One guild took over the server. They wiped out every guild that put up walls unless they were allied to them. Further, they wiped out every allied guild that built more than half a city. Lastly, it had the WORST lag I've ever experienced. Couple dozen players attack another couple players and poof, I got frozen before the first attack and ended up unfrozen many minutes after the battle was over and most of the people went home.

If it wasn't for the killer lag and the lack of control to kill a guild like the one that controlled the server, I'd have liked it. I liked the classes and abilities, though.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Sineath wrote:I liked probably every game I've played(other than F2P games) but I think Shadowbane was probably the biggest flop, to me. One guild took over the server. They wiped out every guild that put up walls unless they were allied to them. Further, they wiped out every allied guild that built more than half a city. Lastly, it had the WORST lag I've ever experienced. Couple dozen players attack another couple players and poof, I got frozen before the first attack and ended up unfrozen many minutes after the battle was over and most of the people went home.

If it wasn't for the killer lag and the lack of control to kill a guild like the one that controlled the server, I'd have liked it. I liked the classes and abilities, though.
SB.EXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

ziftar

Post by ziftar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 pm

AutoAssault really kinda blew.

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:39 pm

ziftar wrote:AutoAssault really kinda blew.
Was that even an MMO? I played it in beta along with a buncha other sony games like tanks. Wouldn't exactly call them mmorpg. :P

BlackRain

Post by BlackRain » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 am

i played shadowbane for about 3 hours before i canceled.
sorenn- chosen
icenn- rogue
IcennRPG

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

I can only vote for games i have actually played so my worst MMO has to be Asheron's Call, follow by Anarchy Online (Implants were very cool otherwise it would have been the worst). I know Asheron's call was quite popular but i thought it was the suck! When are we going to see a sports MMO, where you roll a toon and your level up skills that help you play your position. Then you form up teams and playother teams online. like a street pick up game. Your toon may make a great receiver in football but maybe sucks as a hitter in baseball- so you actually have to play other sports and competitions ( e.g. track and field) to get better while maintaing your specialty.
Think about the number of leagues this would generate for every type of sport?
Considering how popular madden is and how wide the mmo market has become don't you think we should see a mash up of genres by now?

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Sleeps wrote:When are we going to see a sports MMO, where you roll a toon and your level up skills that help you play your position. Then you form up teams and playother teams online. like a street pick up game. Your toon may make a great receiver in football but maybe sucks as a hitter in baseball- so you actually have to play other sports and competitions ( e.g. track and field) to get better while maintaing your specialty.
Considering how popular madden is and how wide the mmo market has become don't you think we should see a mash up of genres by now?
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/7612

Guess they tried but it didn't work out. They really need to make one like you're saying with it being multiple sports, creating teams, etc. Heck, they could add sports advertising from real life, plus there could be a real economy with characters getting salaries or commissions and having to buy things like sports medicine, etc.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Sleeps wrote:I can only vote for games i have actually played so my worst MMO has to be Asheron's Call, follow by Anarchy Online (Implants were very cool otherwise it would have been the worst). I know Asheron's call was quite popular but i thought it was the suck! When are we going to see a sports MMO, where you roll a toon and your level up skills that help you play your position. Then you form up teams and playother teams online. like a street pick up game. Your toon may make a great receiver in football but maybe sucks as a hitter in baseball- so you actually have to play other sports and competitions ( e.g. track and field) to get better while maintaing your specialty.

Interesting that you think AC is the worst MMO ever. Seems like many MMO vets consider it maybe the best MMO ever. I never played it because I was playing IMO the best MMO ever, UO. Then I went to Anarchy online shortly before I moved to DAOC, so I skipped the whole AC thing. Curious what you thought made AC so bad.

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 pm

probably the open space. people complained alot about the emptiness of the game. Exploitation was higher than UO, EQ, and DAoC, too. Umm, I never played it though...that could be a third reason! Who'd want to play a game without Sineath in it? :P

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/

Sports MMORPG

http://www.cybersports.com/?ref=1

I'm gonna try the goal line blitz game. looks like fun and its free.

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:32 pm

SPORTS MMORPG

https://www.empireofsports.com/en/index.html

This one might be the best out there.