Warden realm abilities

Want to join Reunion? Post here.
calpurnia

Warden realm abilities

Post by calpurnia » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:26 am

Was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to tool on thier Wardens with the new realm abilities. If you have plz post as I am trying to get a grip on them. Thanks Calpurnia

Rianned

Which one?

Post by Rianned » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:33 pm

Which ones? Just the Warden specific one or the others? (not even member of guild but curious anyway)

Rianned Liontheran

Sledeau

Post by Sledeau » Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:31 pm

I don't have thornweed field, but I have first aid II and ignore pain. Very nice skills, instaheals save my life all the time.

Rianned

first aid

Post by Rianned » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:36 pm

Being a warden I don't really see the need for first aid and ignore pain. Its seems to me that Mystic crystal lore and raging power(name?) would be better and cost less RP skill points(2). Thats if the spell list was correct. Raging power is an insta heal while fighting just like ignore pain.

Rianned

Sledeau

Post by Sledeau » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:12 am

Raging power is a full power restoration. First aid can be used if you're out of combat, and its just like an instaheal, and its relatively cheap too.

Oh yeah, MCL is a must for any power user. Its the best RA there is.

Rianned

raging power, MCL

Post by Rianned » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:51 pm

Oops... my mistake if you get MCL to 2 which is the prereq for ragin power it cost 4 points less then the first aid/ignore pain combo. That will be the combo I settle for.
Seduction isn t making someone do what they don t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. -- Waiter Rant

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:59 am

I had FA2, IP and Mastery of pain and all the prereq's, I highly reccomend MOP2 or 3 if you have a decent amount of blunt skills (personally my blunt was 41 natural- 51 with rr and items) it really is the only way to increase a warden's damage output. I have done alot of solo xp and noticed significant amount of criticals hits in almost every fight, mind you I only had MOP 1 so I'm sure mop2 or 3 would be very sweet. In addition, I reseached the Magic Crystal Lore and power regen skils, My conclusions- GET MCL1 IT IS ALL YOU NEED, until your rr9 or 10 and have points to spend don't get the regen!!! With MCl you just need to use it when your at 60 % power and you'll get very close to full power, at this moment you restart the 5 min timer, next time you need it I can almost gaurentee you'll have under a min and half before it refreshes. IF I was respec my warden I'd make sure I had FA2 and Ignore pain 1nd and 2nd, MCL 3rd, MOP1-2or 3, and lastly purge- after these I spent those 1 and 3 point skills on hps, con, magic resists- definately get the big skills 1st cause once you get to rr5ish those points are far and few between.

Rianned

MCL and stuff

Post by Rianned » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:50 pm

MCL is boost to power as in spell power or power regen? IF not a power regen then serenity 4 is what is needed to regen power while keeping bubble up while running around. Without it, Heals will be scarce and when you run out of mana... bubble shuts off.
I know I cant heal as good as a druid but My 300-325 HP heals will keep that caster alive while the druid and/or bard is healing the Hero.
I am still getting MCL2 for the Raging Power skill, but I will not ignore Serenity. And, weather or not MCL is just a spell power boost, I am looking at Etheral Bond for a bit of passive boost to power.
I have taken another look at my skill plan and decided to check out MOP. The way I am speccing, I will be bringing my regrowth to 34 so MOP will be handy.

Rianned Liontheran
Seduction isn t making someone do what they don t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. -- Waiter Rant

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:17 pm

The realm ability MCL is a 30% insta heal to your power pool every 5 mins. I was an extremely active warden lvl 50 with 6sec bt, using MCl whenever I expended 30- 40 % of my poower pool, if you use MCl when you have 0 mana left it is kind of a worthless spell (except when ressing people quick.) used the way I previously described in my 1st post a warden can stay virtually between 50 - 90% power even a highly mobile one. With the addition of bt becoming a shout, there is no reason to keep bt on constantly therefore no more drain on power untill it is applied. I highly suggest you test for your self MCL (only 3points) before you spend a single point into the regen abilities. For the cost of the ability there is not 1 abilty that compares to it's effectiveness for a spell caster. IF your piety and power is maxed and 4 points into acuity that 30% insta power heal can be quite alot! I thought the regen would be great at 1st to offset my bt chant but the cost of it is way to high for it to have any affect, Ra points are few and far between after rr5 so your 1st 40 points should be very carefully planned out, beside how often do you RvR without a bard or mentalist? Oh and 1 more thing everyone that uses power has a built in regen and it's activated when you sit ). hehe ya ya I know who ever lets you sit in emain.

Just trying to lend my advice to a situation I myself faced, I can only urge you try testing mcl a week or two before investing points in regen and see if it works for you. NO matter what you have to spend 4 points in acuity and it's 3 points in mcl. IF you find you can work this way you will be saving a tons of points to get regen 3 or 4. If you want to heal alot maybe you should think about wild healing 2 or 3.

Rianned

hmm....

Post by Rianned » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:26 pm

We have 2 chances to respec RA's so I am going to do MCL. I already have serenity 3. I am going to get MCL next chance I get. I think I will hold off respecing until I get those forty points and use them to test my current plan for spec. I have 9 RA's more currently sitting in my box so I will use those on MCL 1 and 2.
Rianned

PS. Wild Healing doesn;t appear on the herald's RA spell list for wardens.

One other question... anyone know what the max attributes are for firbolg wardens? Without having to go thru with the removing of the armor and buf test?

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:31 pm

for healing (i'm a druid), I got wild healing 2 and its incredible...and so much fun since you never know when it's gonna work but I wouldn't get wild healing 3 due to the cost of rp. I think overall, its better to use the points from wild healing 3 and get augment con, augment str, augment,...etc.

Get as many one point skills as you can, cause they're sooo much worth it compared to enhancing a skill to level three or four.

Then, later when you hit rr5 or such, wipe your skills and redistribute your points to the big ones that you like. That way, you'll have more motivation to stay in there, fighting, so you can get those one point skills. This advice is kinda similar to sleepster's.

I envy the players that were already RvRing and had lotsa points at the beginning to be able to choose the high point skills right off...the whole viewpoint of rvr skills would be different if they started off having one or two points and the option to buy skills. You wouldn't see people with group purge, see hidden, etc till they were rr3 or rr4.

Rianned

Tested

Post by Rianned » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:46 pm

OK I got MCL 1. I love it and have readjusted my plans for RP's. I will keep my serenity 3. Serenity keeps my bubble from draining my mana before I do any healing and rezzing. Someone said with bubble being insta that medding shouldn't be problem. Tell that to the caster that was medding next to me when the bubble saved him from from being perfed. In those cases bubble being on all the time helps. I would heal until I got to 40-50% hit MCL and keep going.

I will look into MOP.

Rianned

Sledeau

Post by Sledeau » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:02 pm

Serenity IV would be a waste of points. You can regen faster with it, but you can do pretty well with Serenity II. I'm half spec regrowth, so I'm doin gfine with just serenity II.

Rianned

reguarding raging power

Post by Rianned » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:38 pm

doh.. I am a moron sometimes.... it says raging power is a full power heal. I took that to mean a full health bar heal. It isn't. Its a full power bar heal usable during combat. Not worth it.
I still have MCL2 although I don't see how much better it is than MCL1. It seems to me that if MCL1 is 30% power bar heal than MCL2 should give you 60% but it doesn't. Anyone else see this? I am thinking(read: hoping) it will be fixed.
In the meantime.. I have adjusted my plans for spec yet again. I will not be getting serenity 4 seeing how serenity 3 not only keeps my bubble from sucking away all my mana, I can walk around and stand and still gain back power with bubble on unless it is truly a hard mellee battle(I only see power drain from bubble now if 4 or more people in group are being attacked constantly). If I sit with bubble on, I gain back mana just a little faster than before I had any power regen. Serenity seems to be very worth the RPs for any warden with a nurture spec(I have only run into 2 wardens with regrowth spec).
Also this... I will not be getting ignore pain. Some say that isn't smart but I think it is too expensive for the limited use I can put it to. I say limited bacause usually if I am being targeted the majority of my team memebers are already down and I will be mezzed with no chance to run. I will however think about it for my final respec in RA's.

Rianned